Presenter: Dr.Matthew Lynch, Paediatric neurology fellow, Queensland Children’s hospital, Brisbane, QLD and Dr.Nolette Pereira, Paediatric Radiologist, Queensland. Children's Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Moderator: Dr.Shekeeb Mohammad, Paediatric neurologist, The Children’s hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Expert Commentator: Dr Sniya Valsa Sudhakar, Consultant Paediatric Neuroradiologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
In todays FLICNA Journal Club, Dr Matthew Lynch from Queensland Children’s hospital, Brisbane will critically appraise two recent reviews on radiological patterns of NBIA disorders
Aims & objectives
- Understand normal appearance for age on T2/SWI
- Appreciate that NBIA subtype patterns have specific basal ganglia features that evolve with age, and can have other characteristic MRI features
- What are unanswered questions for neuroradiological approoch/categorization of NBIA disorders?
- How do we improve/standardise our NBIA/NBIA like MRI assessments? Do we need an App?
- Will quantitative sequencing methods enter clinical practice?
- Could quantitate sequences delineate known NBIA/NBIA like disorders, and help in the diagnosis of yet to be defined neurodegenerative diseases?
- MRI Database for undiagnosed NBIA/NBIA like disorders?
Papers being discussed
Lehéricy S, Roze E, Goizet C, Mochel F (2020) MRI of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation. Curr Opin Neurol 33 (4):462-473. DOI: 10.1097/WCO.0000000000000844 PMID: 32657887.
Lee JH, Yun JY, Gregory A, Hogarth P, Hayflick SJ (2020) Brain MRI Pattern Recognition in Neurodegeneration With Brain Iron Accumulation. Front Neurol 11 ():1024. DOI: 10.3389/fneur.2020.01024 PMID: 33013674.
---Content Restricted to members. Please login or join the ICNA---