Instructions for Platform Presentations
Platform presentations are 15 minutes in length: 10-minute presentation, 5-minute question and answers
The following audio-visual equipment and technical help will be provided in each room
- Notebooks (Preferred)
- Mac book with keynote
- Wireless microphones for the speaker
- Lavaliere/headset Microphone for the speakers
- Wireless Microphone for the chairman
- Power Point Control with Laser pointer
- Monitor of 18,5'' at the podium
- Technical Operator
We expect everyone to have delivered their presentations to the media desk at least 2 hours before the session. The first plenary speaker, the day before. Failing to do so might result in your slot being rescheduled or cancelled.
How to find the "Speaker Ready Room"
The room is "Araucaria" (highlighted in yellow in the floor plan) .It will be open on Saturday May 3, 2014 from 0200 PM – 0500 PM and all other days from 0700 AM – 0600 PM.
Presenters will not be allowed to use their own laptops. Any request to do so will be declined. All speakers should deliver their presentation at the "Media Desk". Please load your presentations into the allocated computer in the "Speaker Ready Room" or "Media Desk". There will be a technician to assist you with this. You can bring along a CD or USB Pen Drive. Please be advised that under no circumstances you will be allowed to load your presentation at the podium.
Request for other equipment
In order to comply with CME accreditation requirements
- Corporate, academic and/or university logos may only be included on the first and last slides. Other slides may not contain logos.
- Authors with conflicts to disclose that may affect the content of their presentations should upload their presentations in advance before April 25, 2014.
- Authors must include a Conflict of Interest slide as part of their presentation, which is required in order to meet CME accreditation requirements, even when there is nothing to disclose.
- When presenting patient data and health information (including photos and videos), all presenters must be compliant with informed consent regarding human subjects and all applicable HIPAA or equivalent regulations.
- Authors must disclose on one of their slides whether the abstract has been previously published. If the abstract has been previously published, authors should indicate the date and publication.
- The last slide in your presentation may include acknowledgments. Authors should try to avoid using presentation time to acknowledge co-authors and collaborators
Video clips in your presentation
- Please prepare your videos as MPGs, WMVs, or with the following AVI codecs: MPEG-4 (Divx, Xvid, or WMVs). It is important that your movie clips do not completely fill the screen
- Apple Quicktime formats such as MOV, QT, MP4, or DV files are NOT supported in Windows PowerPoint.
- As long as you put the video files in the same folder as the .ppt file, the links will usually not break.
- DVDs: You won't be allowed to play DVDs or CDs as part of your presentation. All videos will have to be included individually as video files
If you are using any specialized fonts in your powerpoint template you may find that the system at Bourbon Cataratas does not have it . If you need a specialized font, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation. For instructions on this process, please click on the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826832/en-us.
Information for Mac Users
- Keynote: Please convert all Keynote presentation files to PowerPoint.
- Pictures: If you use a version of PowerPoint prior to 2008, please be sure embedded pictures are not in TIFF format. These images will not show up in Windows PowerPoint. With PowerPoint 2008 for the Mac, TIFF inserted images will be compatible.
Once you are at Iguazu
- Visit the Speaker Ready Room (Araucaria) at least two hours before your talk!. If you are speaking in an early morning session, we recommend that you visit the room the day prior to your talk.
- The room will be open on Saturday May 3, 2014 from 0200 PM – 0500 PM and all other days from 0700 AM – 0600 PM
On the day of your presentation
- Please arrive at your meeting room at least 30 minutes before the start of your session and inform the audio-visual technical operator and moderator that you are a speaker.
- Introduce yourself and ask the audio-visual technical operator to go over the set-up and to provide instructions on the use of the timer. It is important that all speakers stay on time.
- Familiarize yourself with the set-up at the lectern. At the lectern, there will be a monitor where you can follow your presentation. Simply click your session time, then click your name on the display, and your PowerPoint will launch automatically.