Twelfth Göttingen Meeting of the German Neuroscience Society (March 22 – 25, 2017)
The Göttingen Meeting of the German Neuroscience Societies is one of the largest multi-disciplinary neuroscience meetings in Europe with around 1.700 participants. It covers a wide range of research fields in the neurosciences including vertebrate and invertebrate systems, molecular, cellular and systemic neurobiology, neuropharmacology, developmental, computational, behavioral, cognitive and clinical neuroscience.
The call for symposia for the 12th Göttingen Meeting of the German Neuroscience Society is open now. Symposia dealing with all areas of neuroscience research are invited. The application must be submitted via the meetings website. The meeting's language is English.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, February 15, 2016.
36 symposia (i.e. six symposia in six parallel sessions) with will be accepted.
- The symposium proposal must contain the following information:
- The title of the symposium
- The name of the organizer(s)
- A short description of the symposium
- The name and address of each of the four intended speakers
- The titles (tentative) of the talks
The organisers must adhere to the following rules:
- Organizers of a symposium in 2015 are not entitled to organize a symposium in 2017
- The title for the symposium should be succinctly worded and should not exceed 100 characters including spaces.
- The proposal should contain a short description in English not exceeding 5.000 characters including spaces.
- Members of the program committee can be invited speakers of a symposium but cannot be the sole organizer of a symposium.
- The duration of a symposium is 2 hours. The maximum number of speakers if four. The affiliation and the (tentative) title of each speaker must be provided.
- Two oral communications by young predoctoral students must be included in the symposium. These will be selected by the symposium organizer from the abstracts submitted in fall 2016.
Symposia are self-supporting, it is the obligation of the symposium organizer to raise the necessary funds for the symposium. The German Neuroscience Society cannot guarantee financial support. Both the organizers and the invited speakers of a symposium have to pay registration fee.